Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm baaack again!!!!

Did you miss me?  I know it's been a while since I have updated my blog.  But as you all know, life occasionally gets in the way.  It's just part of being human.  I promise to do better.  I really do.

So you may be wondering what I have been up too while I been away.  Well, first I did see my 6th film in the theater.  Mom and I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel.  We were big fans of the first one so we were eager to see this one.  It was very cute.  Basically the story line involved Alvin and his brothers getting girlfriends.  I know Alvin is supposed to be the star of the show, but I do hold a soft spot for Theodore.  I also was kinda psyched that Zachary Levi (who stars in one of my favorite TV shows Chuck) was in it.  I would definitely recommend  it.




I also had other excitement while I was away.  The 82nd Academy Awards were held this past Sunday.  I have said before how much of an award show addict I am and the Academy Awards are like the Super Bowl of award shows.  This year the hosts were Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.  I really like Steve Martin and thought he did great.  I could take or leave Alec Baldwin.  He had a few funny moments, but I just don't find him funny.  I was pleased that I stayed awake through the whole show.  Part of this was fueled by the fact I wanted to see Kristen Stewart.  I got to see her (who looked great by the way) and the Puppy.  Even though I haven't seen the movies they were in, I was thrilled that Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock won Best Actor and Actress.  I loved that Up won Best Animated Feature.   I especially love the fact that Kathryn Bigelow won for Best Director and her picture The Hurt Locker won for Best Picture.  Was it because I had seen the movie and liked it?  Nope.  I was glad she beat her ex husband James Cameron.  It's not because of Avatar.  There is something about him I just don't care for.


The other thing I have done while I was away was eagerly anticipate Robert Pattinson's new movie Remember Me.  I actually have been psyched about this movie since last summer while he was shooting it.   From what I have read about it, it's a love story of two people who have dealt with tragedy in their past.  I think it looks really good, but as you know by reading this blog, I am a tad biased.  It opens tomorrow (March 12).  I work on Saturday so I have tomorrow off.  At first I couldn't find any showtimes for our local theater so I thought I was going to have to do a road trip to go see it.  But earlier in the week, the showtimes were posted and my local theater is showing it.  So I plan to be at the first showing.  I will be going by myself as my mom refuses to go with me.  She thinks Robert is going to die in the end.  I have tried to remain spoiler free, so I can't tell her whether he does or he doesn't.  So I am going by myself.  But that's ok.  I have done it before.  I will do it again.  I am really getting excited about seeing it.  I will probably spend the rest of the evening watching the live feed of The Runaways premier (gotta support Kristen too) and watching the Eclipse trailer that was released today to pass the time.

I anticipate March being a very exciting month.  Remember Me and Kristen's movies The Yellow Handkerchief and The Runaways are coming out.  And, New Moon comes out on DVD.  I don't know how I will contain my excitement.  I will have to keep you updated on my blog.  I promise to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment